Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hi Yall.  Im gonna be honest, I have no flippin idea what I am doing on here Lol.  I am not a tech savey person.  Seriously, my husband has to set my watch for me.  But I love sewing and I just want to share that.  It started with bows. I wanted to make my daughter a Texans bow (woo hoo go JJ WATT) and I made bows for awhile and loved it but my daughter was not a big fan.  She would pull them off as fast as I would put them on so it got old.  Add to that, I could made her the prettiest bow in the world and she didn't have cute clothes to wear with it.  On a different craft group Im in, someone mentioned to try Create Kids Couture for some cute and easy sewing patterns and I couldn't help myself.  I found their pattern group page and was hooked.  They had me at Poppy (one of the cutest designs ever).  It took me a bit to jump in.  They have some seriously talented ladies on there.  But once I did, I haven't looked back.  I've branched out to a couple of different designers since then although I love me some CKC.  I'll come back to them later and tell you how amazing they are.  The best part of sewing, my daughter sees a handmade dress I have made and says "pretty" and when she puts it on she says "Im a princess".  Its pretty priceless and a feeling that no store bought outfit has ever given either one of us.  I tried selling my handmade dresses and did sell a few but it is hard to work in that time with a potty training toddler.  Kudos to the women that can do it.  I just found that I was so frustrated with having to take time away from Raegan (Im a slow sewer) and decided it was best to just do it for enjoyment.  It was a fantastic decision.  Maybe I will try to make it a business again when she starts school but who the heck knows. So that leads me to this blog and the need to share how much I love sewing.  Whew, thats all.  Im out of breath. Now you know what led me here.  I hope to share new pattern reviews, great designers to work with, awesome shops to purchase from and creations that I make that make me and my daughter smile.  I will have my first pattern review coming up in a few days from a new designer and Im sort of in love.  Hopefully my little one will want to cooperate long enough to take a few pictures for me tomorrow.  Ha, who am I kidding, shes two.

No comments:

Post a Comment